Suggested visual: five visuals of each national day
Big news here! Not only is it NATIONAL ICE CREAM MONTH, but there are NATIONAL DAYS in July that celebrate ice cream too! With so many reasons to get the latest scoop this month, it’s no wonder that when “you scream, I scream,” we ALL end up screaming for ice cream.
- July 7 National Strawberry Sundae Day
- July 17 National Peach Ice Cream Day
- July 21 National Ice Cream Day
- July 23 National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
- July 25 National Hot Fudge Sundae Day
Making hot fudge sundaes at home is easy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate (5 ½ ounces), chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- ½ pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 container fresh or jarred cherries
Let’s get our sundae started:
- Place chocolate in a medium-size bowl. Heat ½ cup cream with 2 tablespoons water in a small saucepan. Bring to a slight simmer.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate and allow it to sit undisturbed for a minute. Stir until fully incorporated. Stir in corn syrup until smooth.
- Whisk remaining ½ cup cream until it is whipped to soft peaks. Place 2 scoops of ice cream into two bowls. Spoon sauce over ice cream. Top with whipped cream and a cherry.